Wael Khoury,M.D., is the Head of Cardiology at Marymount Hospital. His impressive Curriculum Vitae follows.
- Medical School: University of Damascus, 1975
- Internal medicine Residency, Huron and St. Luke’s Hospitals, Cleveland Ohio, 1976-1979
- Cardiology fellowship, Case Western Reserve University Hospitals, Cleveland, Ohio. 1979-1981
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, 1982
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 1982- Present
Academic – Professional Positions:
- Cleveland Clinic Cardiology Staff, 2013-Present
- Consultant Faculty, Cleveland Clinic, 2000- 2013
- President, Cardiology Associates of Cleveland, 1981-2013
- Head of Cardiology, Marymount Hospital, Cleveland Ohio, 1982- Present
- Director of Cath Lab and CHF Clinic, Marymount Hospital, 1990- Present
- Marymount Hospital, Chief of Staff 1993-95, V.P. of Medical Affairs 1995-2001
- Member, MEC Advisory Council, Cleveland Clinic Health System, 1996- Present
- Medical director, Clinical Research Office, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Eastern Region, 2002- 2011
- Principal Investigator, Several Cardiology Research projects, 2005-2013
- 1st Vice president, Cleveland American Middle East Organization (CAMEO), 1981-83
- Board Member, American Heart Association, Cleveland Chapter, 1993-1997
- Board Member, Council on World Affairs, Cleveland Ohio, 1998- Present
- Chairman of the Board, Cleveland Council on World Affairs, 2012-2015. 2016- Present
- Member, Cleveland Committee on Foreign Relations, 1998- Present
- Advisory Board Member, Arab American Anti Discrimination Committee, ADC, Washington, D.C. 2002- Present
- President, National Arab American Medical Association, Ohio Chapter, 1996-1997
- National Arab American Medical Association ( NAAMA ), Chairman of the cultural committee and the Syrian Liaison committee, in the 1990`s. Hosted leading Arab poets and musicians in Cleveland.
- NAAMA`s Secretary, 1998, Vice President, 1999, President Elect, 2000, National President, 2001
- Board Member, National Arab American Medical Association Foundation, 2002-2005
- Active and Leading role in numerous medical conventions, seminars, workshops in Syria and other Arab countries 1980`s- 2005
- Member, Community Outreach committee, The Cleveland Orchestra, 2010- Present Member, International Cleveland Community Advisory Committee, Cleveland Museum of Art, 2011- Present.
- Founding President, Syrian American Cultural Council, 2005-Present.
- Chairman of the Syrian Cultural Garden project, Cleveland, Ohio, 2008- Present.
- President of the Cleveland Cultural Gardens Federation, Beginning April 2017
Wael Khoury will be inducted by Dr. Nizar Zein