Anthony Yen (Yan Yuan Tai)
Anthony Yen (Yan Yuan Tai) is an internationally recognized expert in business and trade. His work with the World Trade Center Cleveland and other businesses and organizations have earned him numerous business associations, consultancies, speaking engagements and awards and accolades as listed below.
• Member of the Ohio Commodores Association appointed by Governor of Ohio, since 1972,Member of the Board of Trustees (1992-1994)
• Member of the Chairman’s Circle, USA-ROC Economic Council (1992-1994)
• Member of the Board of Directors, Cleveland World Trade Association
• Member of the Executive Committee, Northern Ohio District Export Council.
• Member of the Board of Directors, Greater Cleveland Growth Association (1988-1993)
• Member of the Advisory Council, World Trade Center Cleveland
• Chairman, World Trade Center Cleveland Education Foundation
• Member of the Advisory Board, Institute for Global Business, University of Akron 1999
• Member of the Advisory Board, Cleveland Institute of Art 2000
• Former Chairman & President Yen Enterprises, Inc.
• Former President of International Equipment Sales and Consulting, Inc.
• Former President of Universeas Corporation (Joint venture company with China National Machinery Import and Export Corp. (MACHIMPEX))
• Former Chairman Susquehanna Corp. Milton, PA
• Former Chairman, Shelton Acquisition Corp. Cincinnati, OH
• Former President Universal Engineering Co. Ltd. Taiwan (Joint Venture with Yulon Motor Co. and the Metal Industrial Development Center, Taiwan)
• Former President Universal Equipment and Service Ltd., Singapore
• Former Managing Director Universeas, Ltd Hong Kong
• Asian Hour WERE 1490 Radio One, Producer and Host 2002 -2009
• Chairman ABC International Inc. Beijing and Cleveland 2003 -2010
• President Tenax Corporation, Cleveland 2000
• USA Representative, Korean Association of Heavy Machinery Industry (1980 -1990)
• Senior Advisor to Chairman T. L Yen Yulon Motor Group. 1973 -1983
• Senior Advisor to Chairperson Vivian Wu Yen, Yulon Business Group. 1983 to 2001
• Advisor to Chairman Chung Se Yung, Hyundai Business Group 1990 -1996
• Advisor to Caspar Weinberger, Chairman, USA-ROC Economic Council 1991 – 1996
• 2006 Member of the Advisory Board of The Genomic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
• 2007 Member of the Visiting Committee for Cleveland State University’s College of Education and Human Resources
• 2007 Member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Global Citizenship, Hathaway Brown School.
• 2008 Chairman, Board of Trustee, Confucius Institute, Cleveland State University
2010 Member of International Affair Committee, Case Western Reserve University
SPEAKER AND LECTURER
• World Trade Conferences: Cleveland, New Orleans, Chicago, Houston, Pittsburgh Atlanta, Taipei, Dallas, Indianapolis
• Cleveland State University
• University of Michigan, School of Business, MBA Program/classes.
• International Trade Conference, Minnesota World Trade Center/State of Minnesota
• Keynote Speaker, Trade Conference on China, University of Toledo
• Panelist, North American Automotive Component Market Seminar, sponsored by the State of Michigan Dept. of Commerce
• Keynote Speaker, Introduction to Exporting, Federal Bar Association
• White House Conference on International Trade
• University of Dayton Conference on China
• Speaker, All China Federation of Industries and Commerce, “International Technology Conference”, Beijing
• World Trade Conference, World Trade Center Osaka, Japan
• World Trade Center Association General Assembly, Paris, France
“Invest in USA 2004 ” Conference, Beijing and Shanghai China Organized by Ministry of Commerce, People’s Republic of China again in “Invest in USA” 2005, and “Invest in USA” 2006
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
Department of Commerce Appreciation Awards.
Received recognition for participating in and organizing trade missions to Europe, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and South East Asia
• 1972 Appointed by Governor Gilligan to the Governor’s Advisory Council on International Trade
• 1985 International Business Executive of the Year, Cleveland Growth Association/Cleveland World Trade Association
• 1986 Invited to White House to receive the President’s “E” Award.
• 1986 Governor’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exporting
• 1987 Director’s Award, Small Business Administration for organizing the First SBA Trade Mission to People’s Republic of China
Director’s award, Small Business Administration for organizing the First Trade Mission to Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
• 1990 Chinese-American Association Achievement Award
• 1992 Ambassador to the International Trade Community, Cleveland World Trade Association
• 2000 Brilliant Star Award First Class By Republic of China on Taiwan
• 2000 Foreign Commercial Officer Assessment Panel, Department of Commerce (Appointed by Secretary of Commerce)
• 2000 U.S. Dept. of Commerce Award for 35 Years of Service, District Export Council
• 2001 World Trade Centers Association Tribute- Recognition Award
• 2011 Honorary Doctor of Education Degree, Cleveland State University